By Steve Gronick
You know how every pharmaceutical commercial ends with a laundry list of possible side effects?
The ailments that we could experience if we take it are silently weighed against the possible benefits of the drug.
Well, turns out that exercise and good nutrition also come with a laundry list of side effects...
My hope is that by reading the 5 Side Effects of Fat Loss below, you’ll feel the driving motivation that you need to jump into fitness with both feet, and that you’ll find out just how amazing and capable you’ve been to achieve your goal all along.
Side Effect 1: Confidence
- Confidence is one of the most important perks of dropping fat. When you have increased confidence, you change how you view yourself and go about your daily routine.
- The world is at your fingertips and you are able to take on whatever it throws your way.
- Additionally, when your confidence increases after losing a few pounds, you’re poised to keep losing. So the confidence you gain gives you what you need to lose more weight and feel even more confident.
Side Effect 2: Money
- It may be difficult to understand how losing weight saves you money, but it happens. How? Because one of the best ways to trim pounds is to cut down on the number of calories you consume every day. When you start eating and drinking fewer calories, that means you don’t have to buy as much food or high-calorie drinks.
- Additionally, losing weight may make it possible to stop taking certain medications, which will help save you even more money.
- On top of that, when you lose weight, you get a boost of confidence. (See previous point.) That boost of confidence will change how you handle yourself at work, helping you make the right impression on your boss, so you can get the promotion you need.
Side Effect 3: Better Health Now
- Go to the doctor with some sort of health condition, and unless it’s the common cold or flu, losing a few pounds can almost always help you manage the condition better.
- From diabetes to heart disease to joint pain, trimming the fat from your body gives you a heads up right now.
- Cutting fat makes it easier to get around on your joints, reduces your blood pressure, and helps you sleep better.
- As additional perks, less fat today means better sleep and better sex tonight. Since both of these improve your quality of life, taking the time necessary to shave off fat will give you the best life you could experience!
Side Effect 4: Better Health Later
- Today isn’t the only time your health will improve when you lose some fat. Shed some pounds and you’ll reap the rewards for years down the road. Instead of having to manage a variety of health conditions, you will be able to keep those conditions at bay.
- A few health issues you can cut your risk for by cutting fat are diabetes, heart disease, joint pain, a variety of cancers, high blood pressure, and dementia. In other words, get rid of the fat today and you can avoid all the health issues in the future that requires fat loss for maximum management.
Side Effect 5: Everything Tastes Better
- As you settle into your new fat-burning lifestyle that includes eating healthily and working out regularly, you’ll notice something.
- Because you no longer overeat at the buffet or go for a second or third helping, you will begin enjoying every bite that you take. As the bite sits in your mouth, you won’t swallow it before tasting or chewing. You will take your time and really savor the flavor.
- And when you do start chewing your food and enjoying the flavors, your brain will have time to register when you’re full and cut you off before you stuff yourself with more calories than you can burn. Do this regularly and you’ll lose even more fat!
I’ve dedicated my career to helping people, just like you, conquer their fear of exercise and clear up their confusion with healthy eating. I know that a healthy life is within your reach – I’ve seen hundreds of my clients before you do it, and I’ll see hundreds after you do it.
Today, it’s your turn.
Steve Gronick is the owner of Kelowna Fit Body Boot Camp and Vernon Fit Body Boot Camp. He can be reached at [email protected].
This article is written by or on behalf of an outsourced columnist and does not necessarily reflect the views of Castanet.