198226
194980
Wine Reviews  

2020 Nk’Mip Cellars Rose

Nk'Mip Cellars Rose

Wine: Rosé, 2020

Winery: Nk’Mip Cellars, Osoyoos/OIiver

Why drink it? The 2021 vintage should be on shelves soon, and select wines from the winery can be found at the District Wine Village in Oliver. The 2020 rosé is a bright ruby red in colour, a blend of 45 percent Syrah, with the other 55 percent a saignée (when a part of the juice from red grapes is ‘bled off after skin contact) blend of Syrah, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. The aromas begin with mix of tropical notes – passion fruit, kiwi, melons – with strawberries and raspberry bramble coming through. The berries are prominent on the palate, and the wine ends on a pleasantly light finish.

Pair with: A whipped goat cheese spread on your favourite neutral cracker, topped with a small dollop of wine jelly or lightly spiced, fruity chutney. A spring salad of spinach and candied walnuts, dressed with a berry vinaigrette.

Price: $24

Music pairing: All I Want is You, Bryan Adams



More Wine Reviews articles