Once again, throughout the 2004-2005 Western Hockey League season, the Kelowna Rockets proved teamwork equated to team success. That point was driven home on Wednesday with only one member of the team recognized as a conference all-star.
19 year old defenseman Shea Weber, who will miss at least the first round of the WHL playoffs with a leg injury, was named a Western Conference 1st team all-star.
Weber is also the Western Conference finalist for the league's top defenseman award. Weber's competition is Red Deer defenseman Dion Phaneuf, who ironically was Weber's defense partner during the World Juniors.
The Rockets will open defense of their Memorial Cup title when they meet the Vancouver Giants in their best of seven opening round series. Games one and two will be played this Friday and Saturday night at Prospera Place.
Rockets Weber Award Finalist
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Blazers beat 'Hawks 5-1 Feb 1
- Rockets, CMHA team up Feb 1
- Rocket Golder turns trick Jan 28
- Blazers comeback falls short Jan 28
- Rockets struggles continue Jan 27
- Blazers too much for Royals Jan 27
- Rockets, Giants Round 2 Jan 27
- Injury sidelines Cristall Jan 23
- Rockets slump deepens Jan 22
- Turnovers Rockets' curse Jan 21
- Blazers earn wild win in OT Jan 21
- Rockets earn key victory Jan 20