Troy Bodie scored twice and Tyler Spurgeon added a pair of assists as the Kelowna Rockets edged the visiting Prince George Cougars 2-1 Wednesday night at Prospera Place. The victory improved the Rockets home ice unbeaten streak to an impressive 27 straight games.
The Rockets dominated the Cougars for much of the game, and could have had a half dozen more goals had it not been for the play of Cougars goaltender Scott Bowles. The Rockets peppered Bowles with 46 shots, including 34 over the first 40 minutes.
The victory, coupled with Kootenay's 3-1 win in Tri-Cities leaves the Rockets 2 points up on the Ice in the battle for top spot in the BC Division and the overall WHL standings.
The Rockets close out the regular season with back-to-back games with the Vancouver Giants, Friday at Prospera Place and Saturday in Vancouver. The Ice have a home and home series with Spokane, Friday in Spokane, Saturday in Cranbrook. The Rockets need just 3 points from their final 2 games to wrap up their 3rd straight overall regular season league title.
Rockets Tame Cougars 2-1
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rocket Golder turns trick Jan 28
- Blazers comeback falls short Jan 28
- Rockets struggles continue Jan 27
- Blazers too much for Royals Jan 27
- Rockets, Giants Round 2 Jan 27
- Injury sidelines Cristall Jan 23
- Rockets slump deepens Jan 22
- Turnovers Rockets' curse Jan 21
- Blazers earn wild win in OT Jan 21
- Rockets earn key victory Jan 20
- Blazers blown out by Ams Jan 20
- Szturc new Rocket captain Jan 19