Justin Keller scored his team leading 30th and 31st goals of the season Friday night, leading the Kelowna Rockets to a 5-1 victory over the Kamloops Blazers in the first of back-to-back games between the two teams.
The win, coupled with Kootenay's 3-2 overtime loss in Lethbridge, moves the Rockets three points ahead of the Ice in the battle for top spot in the BC Division standings. The Rockets can clinch their 3rd straight regular season league title by sweeping their final four games.
Darren Deschamps with his 2nd, Blake Comeau with his 23rd shorthanded and Mike Card with his 10th also scored for the Rockets. Moises Gutierrez was the lone Blazer to beat Rockets netminder Derek Yeomans.
The Rockets outshot Kamloops 30-27. The same two teams will meet tonight at 7 at Prospera Place.
Rockets Win 5-1
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rockets lose a thriller Feb 24
- Giants crush Blazers Feb 24
- Cristall's trick lifts Rockets Feb 23
- Blazers fall 5-1 to Cougars Feb 23
- Rockets rock the Turtles Feb 22
- Rockets snap losing streak Feb 19
- Blazers earn Family Day win Feb 19
- Late goal sinks Rockets Feb 17
- Rockets fall to Royals Feb 16
- Blazers blown out in P.G. Feb 16
- Rockets drop heartbreaker Feb 13
- Rockets look to rebound Feb 12