Tyler Mosienko scored 18 seconds into overtime as the Kelowna Rockets gained a valuable two points in a 2-1 victory over visiting Calgary 2-1 Wednesday night at Prospera Place.
The win moves the Rockets 2 points up on Kootenay in the battle for top spot in both the BC Division and the overall WHL standings. The Rockets have five games left in the regular season, the Ice, who own the tie-breaker if the teams finished tied, have six to play.
Mike Card opened the scoring on a power play at 3:25 of the second period. Konstantin Pushkarev even the game with less than 7 minutes remaining in regulation time.
The Rockets outshot Calgary 36-28.
With the win, the Rockets extended their home ice unbeaten streak to 25 games(23 wins and 2 ties).
Next up, a home and home series with the Kamloops Blazers, Friday in Kamloops and Saturday back at Prospera Place. Kootenay host Lethbridge Friday, before travelling to Red Deer Saturday and Calgary Sunday.
Rockets Win In OT
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Blazers come back to win Feb 5
- Boyko tall in Rockets win Feb 4
- Blazers double up on Giants Feb 4
- Blazers come back to win Feb 3
- Rockets hang on for victory Feb 3
- Blazers beat 'Hawks 5-1 Feb 1
- Rockets, CMHA team up Feb 1
- Rocket Golder turns trick Jan 28
- Blazers comeback falls short Jan 28
- Rockets struggles continue Jan 27
- Blazers too much for Royals Jan 27
- Rockets, Giants Round 2 Jan 27