The Kelowna Rockets continue to enjoy the taste of home cooking. The Rockets extended their home ice unbeaten streak to 24 games, beating the visiting Spokane Chiefs 4-1 on Wednesday night.
With the win, the Rockets extended their lead atop the WHL's BC Division standings to three points over the idle Kootenay Ice.
Tyler Spurgeon paced the way with his 17th goal of the season and a pair of assists. Justin Keller with his team leading 29th, Brent Howarth with his 9th and Troy Bodie with his 21st also scored for the Rockets. Jeff Lynch scored the only goal for the Chiefs on a late second period power play.
Rookie Kristofer Westblom turned aside 27 shoots to earn the victory.
The Rockets, with just seven games remaining in the regular season, play the Giants in Vancouver on Saturday.
24 & Counting For Rockets
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rocket Golder turns trick Jan 28
- Blazers comeback falls short Jan 28
- Rockets struggles continue Jan 27
- Blazers too much for Royals Jan 27
- Rockets, Giants Round 2 Jan 27
- Injury sidelines Cristall Jan 23
- Rockets slump deepens Jan 22
- Turnovers Rockets' curse Jan 21
- Blazers earn wild win in OT Jan 21
- Rockets earn key victory Jan 20
- Blazers blown out by Ams Jan 20
- Szturc new Rocket captain Jan 19