- Mount Boucherie Bears and Rutland Voodoos meet in Kiwainis High School Friday night football at the Apple Bowl. Both teams enter the game with identical 2-1 records in the AAA Okanagan Division. The winner will grab the 2nd and final playoff berth. Kickoff is 7:30.
- The Hamilton Ti-Cats and Toronto Argonauts meet for the 6th time this season when they battle in the CFL's Eastern Conference semi-final tonight. The winner will face Montreal in next weekends Eastern Final.
- Vancouver Canuck captain Markus Naslund says he is concerned for the future of the NHL if the current labour dispute continues between the owners and players. "I think it's a dangerous game that is being played right now," Naslund said Thursday while attending a sports celebrity charity fund-raising event. "For the interest of the game and the fan support it is dangerous right now." The NHL locked out the players Sept. 15 in a dispute that centres on the owners desire for a salary cap. The players are adamant they won't accept any form of salary cap and the two sides haven't talked since Sept. 9. Naslund is afraid the longer the lockout lasts, the more the game will suffer in the United States.
Brian Burke, the Canucks former general manager, went a step further. He fears a prolonged dispute will result in some U.S. teams folding.
Rockets Continue Road Trip
The Kelowna Rockets look to make it 2 for 2 on their current four game road trip, when they travel to Swift Current. The Rockets opened the trip with a 5-1 win in Red Deer Wednesday night. Rockets play in Medicine Hat Saturday and Lethbridge Sunday.
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rockets hand out hardware Mar 26
- Sloppy end to Rockets year Mar 25
- Blazers fall in season finale Mar 25
- Buzzer beater fells Rockets Mar 24
- Blazers mauled by Cougars Mar 24
- Rockets, T-Birds round 10 Mar 23
- Blazers hang on, beat 'Birds Mar 22
- Blazers fall to Thunderbirds Mar 21
- Rockets fall in OT Mar 18
- Blazers overwhelm Rockets Mar 17
- Rockets drop key matchup Mar 15
- Blazers beat up on Royals Mar 15
© 2023 Castanet.net