The Kelowna Rockets were unable to build on the momentum from Wednesday's thrilling overtime victory.
Friday, the Rockets couldn't get anything going in a 4-1 home-ice loss to Derek Yeomans and the Seattle Thunderbirds.
Yeomans, dealt to the T-Birds in the off season, blocked 27 of 28 shots he faced. Justin Bernhardt spoiled his shutout bid with a power-play goal late in the third period.
Brett Robertson led the way for the T-Birds scoring once and assisting on three others.
Despite the loss Rockets didn't lose any ground on the Chilliwack Bruins. Chilliwack was pounded 8-0 by the Vancouver Giants Friday meaning Kelowna and Chilliwack remain tied for the final BC Division playoff spot.
Kelowna host Vancouver Saturday before travelling to Tri-Cities for a Sunday afternoon contest. The Bruins host Portland Saturday and play in Seattle Sunday.
T-Birds Defuse Rockets
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Blazers fall in shootout Feb 25
- Rockets lose a thriller Feb 24
- Giants crush Blazers Feb 24
- Cristall's trick lifts Rockets Feb 23
- Blazers fall 5-1 to Cougars Feb 23
- Rockets rock the Turtles Feb 22
- Rockets snap losing streak Feb 19
- Blazers earn Family Day win Feb 19
- Late goal sinks Rockets Feb 17
- Rockets fall to Royals Feb 16
- Blazers blown out in P.G. Feb 16
- Rockets drop heartbreaker Feb 13