With just six games left in the regular season, the Kelowna Rockets find themselves looking up at a playoff spot.
The Rockets enter Wednesday's home game with the Kamloops Blazers two points in back of Chilliwack for the final playoff berth in the WHL's B.C. Division.
Kelowna has had some success against Kamloops this season, winning three of eight games, including a 4-2 win the last time they met.
Assistant coach Ryan Huska says the Blazers could be ripe for the picking.
"Kamloops is a team that has had a tough stretch over the last little while, but they're starting to put a few wins together. They're still without their captain, the heart and should of their team, so this is a pretty good opportunity for us," says Huska.
He says if the team is going to make a push toward the playoffs the veterans are going to have to lead the way.
If there's a big goal that needs to be scored, we need to look at a Chris Ray or a Bernhardt. If there's a time we're running around in our own end and looking unsettled, you have to look at your older defencemen like Schulz or Barthel. That's the way it is at this time of year. You look to those guys to pull you through."
The Rockets play five of their final six games at home.
Do Or Die For Rockets
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Blazers fall in shootout Feb 25
- Rockets lose a thriller Feb 24
- Giants crush Blazers Feb 24
- Cristall's trick lifts Rockets Feb 23
- Blazers fall 5-1 to Cougars Feb 23
- Rockets rock the Turtles Feb 22
- Rockets snap losing streak Feb 19
- Blazers earn Family Day win Feb 19
- Late goal sinks Rockets Feb 17
- Rockets fall to Royals Feb 16
- Blazers blown out in P.G. Feb 16
- Rockets drop heartbreaker Feb 13