For the third time since relocating to Kelowna, the Rockets have swept a prairie road trip.
In December 2000 and 2003, the Rockets went 5-0 on the Easter Division road trip. This year, they went one better, completing a six game sweep of their eight day road swing through the east, with a 6-4 come-from-behind victory over the Prince Albert Raiders.
The win was the Rockets eight in a row---but, for the second straight game it looked like the streak was over.
The Rockets trailed the Raiders 3-1 after two period. A short-handed goal from Brad Erickson early in the third put the Raiders up 4-1. Rookie defenseman Alexander Edler cut the defecit to two, but with four and half minutes to go, the game seemed well in hand.
The Rockets then exploded for four goals in a span of 4:20 to escape with the victory.
Justin Keller scored goals 23 seconds apart to tie the score at 4. Chris Ray netted his fifth of the season at 17:14 to put the Rockets up for good. Blake Comeau added his second of the night on a power play in the dying seconds to put the game out of reach.
The Rockets went 1-5 with the man advantage. Prince Albert was 1-3 on the power play. The Rockets outshot the Raiders 26-22, as netminder Kris Westblom notched his third win of the season.
The Rockets don't play again until Wednesday night, when they entertain the Moose Jaw Warriors. The Rockets face Vancouver in a home and home series next Friday in Vancouver and Saturday back at Prospera Place.
The Rockets 18 points are tops in the BC Division and the overall WEstern Hockey League standings.
Rockets Sweep Prairie Trip
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Buzzer beater fells Rockets Mar 24
- Blazers mauled by Cougars Mar 24
- Rockets, T-Birds round 10 Mar 23
- Blazers hang on, beat 'Birds Mar 22
- Blazers fall to Thunderbirds Mar 21
- Rockets fall in OT Mar 18
- Blazers overwhelm Rockets Mar 17
- Rockets drop key matchup Mar 15
- Blazers beat up on Royals Mar 15
- Surgery for Rocket d-man Mar 14
- Golder suspended 4 games Mar 13
- Rockets sweep weekend Mar 12
© 2023 Castanet.net