Goaltenders don't like it! Some coaches are still trying to figure it all out! Justin Keller has it all figured out, and he likes it just fine!
For the second time this season, Keller scored the winning goal in the shootout, propelling the Kelowna Rockets to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over the Moose Jaw Warriors. The win Wednesday extended the Rockets winning streak to seven games, including five on this current six game prairie road trip.
On opening night, Keller scored the only goal in the shootout in a victory over the Vancouver Giants.
Wednesday in Moose Jaw, the Rockets, playing their third game in three nights, fell behind 3-0 14 minutes into the game.
Troy Bodie, with his first of three on the night, got one back before the end of the opening period.
Clayton Bauer, and Bodie then scored 5 seconds apart late in the second period to even the score at 3. Bodie completed the hat-trick two and a half minutes later to give the Rockets a 4-3 lead heading into the final period.
Cole Simpson sent the game into overtime, getting the tying goal for the Warriors with just 31 seconds left in regulation time.
There was not scoring in overtime, setting the stage for the shootout and Keller's heroics.
The Rockets were held scoreless on three power play opportunities, while the Warriors scored once in five chances.
The Rockets will try to complete a perfect road trip Friday night, when they face the Prince Albert Raiders. The Rockets beat Prince Albert 3-0 a week ago at Prospera Place.
The Roc kets don't play their next game at home until next Wednesday when they entertain Moose Jaw.
Rockets Winners In Shootout
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Buzzer beater fells Rockets Mar 24
- Blazers mauled by Cougars Mar 24
- Rockets, T-Birds round 10 Mar 23
- Blazers hang on, beat 'Birds Mar 22
- Blazers fall to Thunderbirds Mar 21
- Rockets fall in OT Mar 18
- Blazers overwhelm Rockets Mar 17
- Rockets drop key matchup Mar 15
- Blazers beat up on Royals Mar 15
- Surgery for Rocket d-man Mar 14
- Golder suspended 4 games Mar 13
- Rockets sweep weekend Mar 12
© 2023 Castanet.net