The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is defenseman Mike Card of the Kelowna Rockets. Card earned player of the week honours by recording four goals and seven points in three games, including three power-play goals and one game-winning goal during the week of October 3rd to October 9th and helped lead the Rockets to three straight wins in that span.
On Wednesday, October 5th, Card tallied an assist in Kelowna's 3-0 victory over the Prince Albert Raiders. On Friday, October 7th, Card netted two goals and an assist to lead the Rockets to a 6-4 victory over the Pats in Regina.
On Saturday, October 8th, Card tallied twice - including the overtime winner - and added an assist in a 4-3 victory over the Wheat Kings in Brandon.
Card, a 19-year-old native of Penticton, B.C., was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Honourable mention goes to Justin Pogge of the Calgary Hitmen and Alex Archibald of the Prince Albert Raiders.
Rockets Player Of Week
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rockets fall in OT Mar 18
- Blazers overwhelm Rockets Mar 17
- Rockets drop key matchup Mar 15
- Blazers beat up on Royals Mar 15
- Surgery for Rocket d-man Mar 14
- Golder suspended 4 games Mar 13
- Rockets sweep weekend Mar 12
- Rockets hit post season Mar 11
- Kieper, Blazers blank Giants Mar 11
- Rockets earn Giant win Mar 10
- Blazers double up on 'Tips Mar 10
- WHL investigation complete Mar 10
© 2023 Castanet.net