Justin Keller and Chris Ray scored 34 seconds apart late in the second period as the Kelowna Rockets won their fifth game in a row, 3-2 in Swift Current.
The Rockets are now three-for-three on their current six game road trip, with games coming up in Saskatoon Tuesday and Moose Jaw Wednesday.
With the game tied at 1, Keller notched his 5th goal of the season at 17:50 of the second. Ray gave the Rockets a two goal lead 34 seconds later with what proved to be winner---his second of the game.
The Broncos got one of those goals back on a power play midway through the final period, but Derek Yeomans shut the door the rest of the way.
Ray scored a power play goal four-and-a-half minutes into the first period to even the score at 1.
The Rockets outshot the Broncos 34-31.
Kelowna was 1-4 on the power play, Swift Current 1-6.
Rockets Make It Five
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rockets hand out hardware Mar 26
- Sloppy end to Rockets year Mar 25
- Blazers fall in season finale Mar 25
- Buzzer beater fells Rockets Mar 24
- Blazers mauled by Cougars Mar 24
- Rockets, T-Birds round 10 Mar 23
- Blazers hang on, beat 'Birds Mar 22
- Blazers fall to Thunderbirds Mar 21
- Rockets fall in OT Mar 18
- Blazers overwhelm Rockets Mar 17
- Rockets drop key matchup Mar 15
- Blazers beat up on Royals Mar 15
© 2023 Castanet.net