The Kelowna Rockets hope they'll discover their struggling offense has been hiding on the road.
The Rockets, who have scored just seven goals in regulation time over their first three home games, hit the road for the first time, playing in Portland tonight and Everett Sunday. In fact, eight of the Rockets next nine games are away from Prospera Place, including a six game eastern road trip.
The scoring drought continued Friday night, as the Rockets fell 3-2 to BC Division leading Kamloops.
For the third straight game, the Rockets gave up the opening goal of the game, as Reid Jorgensen gave the Blazers a 1-0 lead early in the opening period. Rookie Thomas Raffi scored his first WHL goal to tie it, before Kris Versteeg restored the Blazers one goal lead before intermission.
Roman Tesliuk scored on the power play early in the second to put the Blazers up 3-1.
Troy Bodie, with his second of the season brought the Rockets to within a goal on the power play with six and a half minutes left, but that was it for the scoring.
The Rockets finished 1-4 with the man advantage---the Blazers were 1-3. Kamloops outshot Kelowna 23-21.
Rockets Struggles Continue
More WHL articles
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan Jr Warriors
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- Okanagan Hockey Group
- Canadian Sport School Hockey League
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Rockets lose a thriller Feb 24
- Giants crush Blazers Feb 24
- Cristall's trick lifts Rockets Feb 23
- Blazers fall 5-1 to Cougars Feb 23
- Rockets rock the Turtles Feb 22
- Rockets snap losing streak Feb 19
- Blazers earn Family Day win Feb 19
- Late goal sinks Rockets Feb 17
- Rockets fall to Royals Feb 16
- Blazers blown out in P.G. Feb 16
- Rockets drop heartbreaker Feb 13
- Rockets look to rebound Feb 12