It's no surprise Vernon's worst intersections for crashes are on its busiest streets.
And, newly updated crash data released by ICBC reveals the city's most dangerous location is the highway intersection of 32nd Street and 43rd Avenue – that's the corner beside Vernon Square Mall.
That intersection saw 200 collisions between 2017 and 2021.
It was also No. 1 for casualty crashes, with 80.
No less than 45 intersections had 25 or more crashes during the five-year period.
Second worst was the 25th Avenue and 32nd Street mall access turning lane at Fruit Union Plaza with 197 crashes, 64 of them with casualties.
Third was 27th Street and 48th Avenue by Village Green Mall, with 177 collisions, 78 of those with casualties.
The rest of the top 10 crash spots are also mostly centred around Highway 97 and Highway 6.
The data does not include parking lot collisions or those involving parked vehicles.
The top crash spots are:
- 1 - 32nd Street and 43rd Avenue turning lane, 200 crashes
- 2 - 25th Avenue and 32nd Street mall access, 197 crashes
- 3 - 27th Street and 48th Avenue, 177 crashes
- 4 - 27th Street and 58th Avenue/Anderson Way, 106 crashes
- 5 - 25th Avenue and 34th Street, 75 crashes
- 6 - 27th Street and 34rd Avenue, 75 crashes
- 7 - Hwy 97 and Stickle Road, 74 crashes
- 8 - 32nd Avenue and 32nd Street, 67 crashes
- 9 - 32nd Street and 39th Avenue, 66 crashes
- 10 - Highway 6 and Kalamalka Lake Road, 64 crashes
Check out ICBC's interactive map, which contains data for the whole province.