Accused killer Rene Joseph Therrien has admitted to the murder of Derk Roelfsema and Audrey Foster of Enderby.
The trial was into its second week when the 35 year old Quebec resident plead guilty to second-degree murder.
Therrien was originally charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Roelfsema, 48, and Foster, 51, who were found dead inside their Enderby area farmhouse in December 2001.
Therrien was living on the Roelfsema property and working at a nearby dairy farm at the time of the crime.
An extensive RCMP undercover operation led to the arrest two years after the murders.
Surprise Guilty Plea
More Vernon News
- Preparing for retirementIt's Your Money - 4:00 am
- After-hours Christmas shopPenticton - 4:00 am
- Mix of rain and snowThompson-Okanagan - 4:00 am
- Short on Christmas treesKamloops - 4:00 am
- Tiny homes operator delayKelowna - 4:00 am
Vernon SPCA Featured Pet
Vernon SPCA >