A few months ago, Open AI released a tool called ChatGPT, which leverages artificial intelligence to answer questions and perform tasks based on prompts it receives.
ChatGPT is beneficial because it can help with tasks such as natural language processing and understanding, which can improve communication and productivity in various industries. Additionally, ChatGPT can also be used to generate human-like texts, which can assist in tasks such as language translation and content creation.
Don’t believe me? You should, because the previous paragraph is not my own writing; in fact, I asked ChatGPT to provide me with two sentences why it is a tool that is beneficial to society, and I copy and pasted the answer it provided into the previous paragraph.
Like many people, my mind has been blown at this artificial intelligence tool’s sophistication and ability to perform challenging tasks within seconds. As an experiment, I wanted to see what kind of advice ChatGPT could deliver regarding how to utilize body language when public speaking. Public speaking is something I have been focused on for years, and I figured my content and YouTube videos could surely provide better advice than some artificial intelligence tool.
But, I was humbled.
Below is the response I received from ChatGPT when asked: “How do I use body language effectively when speaking in public?”
Using body language effectively when speaking in public can help to engage your audience and reinforce your message. Here are a few tips for using body language effectively when speaking in public:
1. Stand up straight and maintain good posture. This will make you look confident and help project your voice.
2. Use gestures to emphasize your points and make your presentation more interesting. Avoid overusing gestures, as this can be distracting.
3. Make eye contact with your audience. This will help to engage them and make them feel like you are speaking directly to them.
4. Use facial expressions to show emotion and help convey your message. Smiling can help to put your audience at ease, while a serious expression can help emphasize an important point.
5. Use your body to move around the stage or presentation area. This can help to keep your audience engaged and prevent them from getting bored.
Overall, they key is to use body language in a natural and authentic way that enhances your message and engages your audience.
Wow! I was blown away by the quality of response that this AI tool delivered. The fourth tip was even one that I personally hadn’t thought of previously when teaching people about effective body language.
Over the past couple months, I’ve had the chance to experiment more with ChatGPT, and I’ve realized there are even more ways it can help us be more impactful communicators.
• ChatGPT can help you produce blog article ideas if you’re experiencing writer’s block. Try prompting it with: “Give me 10 ideas for blog articles about gardening (or whatever subject you’re interested in)” and watch the results.
• ChatGPT can summarize. If you’ve written a full article, copy/paste it into ChatGPT and ask it to provide you with a headline and a summary.
• ChatGPT can build you a speech. By giving it a few specific prompts on length and subject matter, within seconds the artificial intelligence tool can put together an impressive string of thoughts that may provide inspiration for your next speech.
While this technology is impressive, it’s not perfect. On its website, ChatGPT explains it may occasionally generate incorrect information or biased content. It also has limited knowledge of the world and events prior to 2021.
But, if you haven’t already tried experimenting with ChatGPT’s capabilities, I’d encourage you to give it a go. You can access the tool here.
If you’re interested in learning more about Impactful Communication, subscribe to my YouTube channel.
This article is written by or on behalf of an outsourced columnist and does not necessarily reflect the views of Castanet.