145756

Salmon Arm  

Man hurt in propane blast

The community is coming together to help the family of a man injured in a propane explosion on Aug. 25.

Rolf Manthey was trying to light a furnace on a travel trailer but there was an explosion caused by a propane leak, according to cousin-in-law Pat Manthey who launched a GoFundMe campaign

At the time of this writing, $2,110 of the $5,000 goal had been raised.

Pat said that Rolf was transferred by ambulance to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops with first-degree burns to his hands and face and is in ICU. They expect him to be in ICU for a week, have him on a ventilator, in a drug-induced sleep as his left lung is also severely burned, Pat said.

She updated the GoFundMe page on Wednesday to say that Rolf had another scope and there were no changes.

"He’s still in ICU, is on a ventilator and on lots of pain medication," Pat reported. 

"Rolf is a kind and generous man that would give you the shirt off his back. It will be a long and tough road to recovery so this will help Rolf and his wife Brenda alleviate some of the worry about the day to day expenses. Since Rolf is self employed he can concentrate on his recovery while he’s unable to work."

Brenda wants to thank everyone for their support, generous donations and prayers, Pat added.



More Salmon Arm News

143606
Recent Trending


136499


147003


Send us your News Tips!


146939
Soft 103.9

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Daisy
Daisy Vernon SPCA >


148280




Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
144611
146746