Editor's note: A media briefing and update will be held with Transportation Minister Kevin Falcon at 3:45 p.m. Castanet will have details as soon as as possible following the update.
A portion of Highway 97 remains closed to traffic Saturday morning.
A section of the highway near the Summerland construction zone was closed Friday due to concerns of a rock slide.
Jacqui Lloyd, representative of Arthon Construction, says the road closure is indefinite.
“We don’t know at this time what the ETA will be on the road opening. There has been a geotech on site since Friday. He was there for a few hours until the light went and he was there again Saturday morning at first light. He’s making his recommendations as to what we can do to stabilize the situation,” says Lloyd.
She says more information will be released as soon as it is known.
Highway 97 near Summerland still closed
More Penticton News
- Plan a perfect Kelowna daySponsored Content - 12:01 am
- Snow causes traffic chaosKelowna - 10:09 pm
- Student honoured nationallyKelowna - 9:00 pm
- Popular pop-ups to returnLake Country/Peachland - 8:00 pm
- Poll: Doukhobor apologyPoll - 7:30 pm