Spring has officially sprung, and with that comes unlimited yard waste collection in Penticton.
From March 27-31 and again April 24-28, city-issued yard waste carts for residents with curbside collection can be augmented by an unlimited number of paper bags or containers of yard waste on regular pickup days.
Key instructions from the city are:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7 a.m. on your regular garbage day.
- Use Kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste.”
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than 3ft/1m in length, 8 cm in diameter and 50lb/23kg in weight.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Please leave a minimum of 3ft/1m of space between carts and additional yard waste.
Yard waste in plastic bags will not be accepted, nor will dog waste or dog waste bags, kitchen scraps and food waste.