Happy Halloween weekend, South Okanagan! The trick-or-treating won't begin until Monday, but there is plenty of spooky fun to be had in the meantime.
Here is a taste of what's happening and where to get your scares and family fun this weekend:
- Halloween Ride (Friday, Oct. 28): Penticton and Area Cycling Association presents a family-friendly bike ride, with costumes encouraged. Meet at the Penticton Library at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28
- Haunted Hill (Friday, Oct.28-Monday, Oct. 31): Wildhorse Mountain Ranch in Summerland presents a spooky experience with various levels of scare. Daytime walks are kid-friendly, while the evening show is for brave adults only. Tickets online here.
- Laser Tag Zombie Apocalypse (Saturday, Oct. 28-Sunday, Oct. 29): Help stop the zombies from taking over downtown Penticton at 270 Martin Street, using laser guns to defeat your foe through fog, obstacles, lights and frightening sounds. More information here.
- Halloween in the Park (Saturday, Oct. 29): This family-friendly event features hayrides, pumpkin painting, games, take-home candy, a bonfire with the Oliver Fire Department and more in Gyro Park. More information here.
- All Hallows Festival (Sunday, Oct. 30): Witchcraft and wizardry will take over Osoyoos during this new event featuring circus and fire performances, aerial performances, stilt walkers, sword dancers, live music, tarot card readings and much more. More information here.