A major funding announcement was made in Keremeos Monday.
As part of the B.C. Municipal Rural Infrastructure Fund, the federal and provincial governments invested more than $685,000 to allow Keremeos to extend its sewer to the Upper bench area.
The announcement was made by Okanagan-Westside MLA Rick Thorpe and Abbotsford MP Ed Fast.
Keremeos mayor Walter Despot says the money will all go towards moving Keremeos forward and maturing as a municipality.
“The infrastructure grant follows the infrastructure work we have done before,” says Despot.
The grant will extend the sewer benefits to about 250 people and includes a new pump station amongst the improvements.
Keremeos sewer expansion grant
More Penticton News
- Ryan O'Neal dead at 82Entertainment - 6:38 pm
- Crash closes north lanesKaleden - 6:13 pm
- $150K biffy upgradeSalmon Arm - 6:00 pm
- KSO unveils new programsKamloops - 6:00 pm
- Funding for Cascadia railBC/Wash. - 5:42 pm