There's a way for South Okanagan residents to feel like more a part of Penticton's centennial year.
The Penticton Public Library has a lunchtime activity that's just the thing.
The centennial Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series kicks off next week with longtime resident Rod King speaking about the Peach City over the years.
Museum curator, Peter Ord, says King will be the first of many speakers.
"The series runs through the beginning of May with all sorts of topics about the area, such as the Hedley Mines. The talks run from noon until 1, so people are welcomed to bring their lunch," says Ord.
Admission is by donation. Coffee, tea and confections will be available.
Brown bag lecture series starting
More Penticton News
- Cookie sale for the animalsPenticton - 4:00 am
- Firefighters helping outCentral Okanagan - 4:00 am
- TRU board pushes forwardKamloops - 4:00 am
- Tax hike draws a crowdKamloops - 4:00 am
- Resolve to protect heritageKelowna - 4:00 am