Summerland council is dealing with parking problems.
Councillor Lorraine Bennest says they’ll go back to the drawing board on the issue of parking in the lane behind Victoria Road.
“It boils down to we made the changes without adequate consultation, so we’ve told staff to put it back the way it was and continue to consult to figure out what the best way is,” says Bennest.
She says they also initiated the process for a new RCMP station to go up on Centennial Avenue behind the arena.
“We are buying the Methodist Church property and starting the building design process. We hope to have a plan ready by the end of 2008. The current RCMP building is uninhabitable and we need to build a new one.”
Bennest says the new RCMP building will be ‘straight-up’ basic.
Summerland council issues
More Penticton News
- Emissions cap coming Business - 12:53 pm
- Whoville wins best floatPenticton - 12:46 pm
- Fake Trump electors indictedNevada - 12:33 pm
- Missing man foundKelowna - 12:26 pm
- BC's chief coroner retiringBC - 12:22 pm