UPDATE: 11:20 a.m.
The Penticton and Wine Country Chamber of Commerce has revealed the three finalists in each of ten Business Excellence Awards categories.
- Adaptation & Resilience Excellence, sponsored by Downtown Penticton Association: Brodo Kitchen, Hoodoo Adventures, The Hamlets at Penticton
- Service Excellence – sponsored by Greyback Construction: Fountain Tire, Penticton Meals on Wheels, Tin Whistle Brewing Company
- Workplace Culture Excellence – sponsored by SOICS: Cowork Penticton, Ginza Sushi and Poke, Nautical Dog Cafe
- Community Support Excellence – sponsored by Penticton Western News: Barry Beecroft Fuel Distributors, Graphically Hip, Total Restoration Services
- Not for Profit Excellence – sponsored by Omland Heal Chartered Professional Accountants: OSNS Child and Youth Development, One Sky Community Resources, South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
- New Business Award – sponsored by Valley First: Loki's Garage, Long-Haggerty Chartered Professional Accountant, Meeples and Milkshakes Board Game Cafe
- Hospitality Excellence – sponsored by Travel Penticton: Skaha Rock Adventures Ltd, Slackwater Brewing, The Nest
- Young Professional of the Year – sponsored by JCI Penticton & Graphically Hip: Cameron Betts, Nicolette Rodriguez, Hollie Tayal
- Business Leader of the Year – sponsored by TD Canada Trust: Lee Agur/Bad Tattoo Brewing, Cherry Fernandez/SOICS, Lee and Kevin Smith/Kettle Valley Memorial
- Business of the Year – sponsored by Community Futures Okanagan Similkameen: Guerard's Fine Furniture, Slimline Manufacturing, Total Restoration Services
All the finalists will be contacted in the coming days to set up an appointment to visit the Castanet office next week for a short highlight finalist video which will be played at the awards ceremony in October.
ORIGINAL: 9:30 a.m.
The Penticton Chamber of Commerce is announcing its 2021 Business Excellence Awards finalists.
Castanet will carry the announcement live in this story, beginning at 10 a.m.
The ten award categories celebrate the best of what Penticton businesses have to offer.
The 34th annual awards ceremony, presented by Total Restoration, to announce the winners will take place Saturday, Oct. 2. The theme is starry nights.