Residents in Okanagan Falls will be able to say that this summer after work started on a community sports field complex near Cedar Street.
The sports facility was approved during a referendum in November of 2005 and the ground was broken earlier this weekend.
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen director for OK Falls, Bill Schwarz, says the facility will include two ball fields, a 400-metre running track, a children’s water park area and a basketball court.
He says other amenities, such as soccer goalposts and baseball backstops, will be added at a later date.
Schwarz says despite the $250,000 price tag on the project, no tax increase will be required to pay for it. The money will be coming from the recreation commission reserves and private estate legacy donations.
Ok Falls Ball Park
More Penticton News
- Man apprehended on bridgeKamloops - 10:00 am
- Work closes 15th StreetVernon - 10:00 am
- More rain falls on fireGlen Lake fire - 9:40 am
- Transit ridership reboundsVancouver - 9:30 am
- 'Words were like bullets'Surrey - 8:50 am