provided by the US Forest Service
The Tatoosh Fire is burning in the Pasayten Wilderness. Extensive and explosive crowning was observed Sunday with spotting.
A helitack crew continued to wrap wooden bridges and cabins along the Pasayten River until the afternoon.
The fire’s northern edge has moved into Canada and west across the Pasayten River just north of the landing strip.
Whitney’s Team and a British Columbia Incident Management Team agreed on a common course of action and are cooperating on managing the fire. The two teams will share resources.
Suppression actions were taken Sunday by the Canadian Team, but were curtailed due to extreme fire behavior.
They will resume suppression efforts on Monday.
Fire Crosses Border
More Penticton News
- $10K donation for OFTFLake Country - 4:00 am
- 'Not as risqué' as pastPenticton - 4:00 am
- Swoop promise falls flatPenticton - 4:00 am
- 'I didn't want to die'Vernon - 4:00 am
- New clinic needs doctorsKelowna - 4:00 am