The 4 PM Monday deadline to pay property taxes in Penticton had people lining up at City Hall.
City Hall officials say that people have been coming in large numbers since the doors opened Monday morning.
People who fail to file their taxes by 4 pm Monday will be subject to a 10% penalty fee.
City Hall employee Nell, who didn't want her last name used, says she isn't surprised people have left it so late.
"I expect around 3:30 the line to pay taxes will be very long. I don't understand why so many people leave it to the last minute, there were many ways to pay ahead of the deadline, like post-dated cheques. But I am told it is like this every year," says Nell.
Another employee says that at one point on Monday morning, the line reached all the way out the front door of City Hall.
Property Tax Deadline
More Penticton News
- Changes to lab hoursSalmon Arm - 8:14 pm
- Vehicle fire closes Hwy 5AKamloops - 8:02 pm
- Setting your final wishesThe Last Word - 6:00 pm
- Spring skiing underwaySun Peaks - 6:00 pm
- 14 year old found safeWest Kelowna - 5:42 pm