186852
194746
Kelowna  

Kelowna Fire Department puts out hedge fire caused by fireworks

Hedge fire doused

The Kelowna Fire Department acted quickly Sunday night to put out a hedge fire that was caused by fireworks.

The fire started just before 8:30 p.m. in a yard near Gordon Drive and Old Meadows Road.

"The tenant that lives on the property where the hedge burnt admitted to setting off fireworks, causing the hedge fire and damage to a shed on the other side," says Platoon Captain Steve Roshinsky.

"The shed is a write-off, it's gone. They had motorbikes in there. Seems like fortunately those weren't damaged at all."

Nobody was injured during the incident.



More Kelowna News