Kitchen fire, owner insured

Nicholas Johansen

UPDATE: 3:20 p.m.

Residents of a Nelson Place home are in the care of Emergency Support Services after a kitchen fire Friday.

Kelowna Fire Department confirms the home owner will not be able to reside in the home before repairs are made. However, they are insured.

Crews were called about 11:45 a.m. and found smoke coming from the front entrance of the home, says Platoon Capt. Tim Light.

Firefighters extinguished an extensive kitchen fire.

There was smoke damage throughout the home, as well as heavy fire damage in the kitchen area.

ORIGINAL: 12:20 p.m.

Kelowna firefighters have been kept busy on the Friday before the long weekend.

Crews from several different firehalls responded to reports of a kitchen fire at home at 1487 Nelson Place.

Residents were outside the home when fire crews arrived on scene, and smoke could be seen billowing from the open front door.

Firefighters managed to get the fire under control, but one person, a woman, is suffering from minor smoke inhalation and needed medical assistance.

More Kelowna News

Recent Trending


Soft 103.9

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Tippy Kelowna SPCA >



Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada