'I did not give him consent'

“I never consented to anything with him, I did not give him consent to touch me,” an alleged sexual assault victim repeatedly told the court Thursday.

Jeremy Czechowski is facing several charges stemming from an alleged rape in the early hours of Feb. 21, 2016 in a home on West Kelowna's Wiig Road.

The alleged victim, referred to as M to protect her identity, and her friend B went to Czechowski's home after leaving Sapphire nightclub just before 2 a.m.

M, who had never met Czechowski before, testified she believed they were going to buy cocaine, and then get a ride home.

While Czechowkski's defence counsel Cory Armour spent Thursday suggesting M and Czechowski engaged in consensual sex, M testified Czechowski tore off her underwear shortly after she arrived and then raped her in an upstairs bedroom when she attempted to get her purse and underwear back from him.

When Armour asked M where Czechowski put M's dress when he took it off her, M responded, “I was too concerned about trying to defend myself as he was grabbing me and trying to push me onto the bed.”

All but one of M's fake gel fingernails, which she said requires a drill and file to properly remove, were ripped off during the alleged assault, damaging her real nails underneath. She was also left with bruises all over her body.

At one point, M says she left the bedroom and ran downstairs naked, looking for her clothes and purse. She said she checked several drawers looking for a knife to defend herself, but found nothing, before another man threatened her.

“That's when he grabbed me by the throat and told me I have to do what he wants or else I'm going to be buried in the backyard,” M testified.

B, M's friend who knew Czechowski prior to the evening in question, testified she checked on the upstairs bedroom twice while M and Czechowski were inside, and that M said she was OK.

B's mother picked up B from the house a little while later. At 5:56 a.m. and then again at 6:02 a.m., M texted B “Help,” and B called the police.

M was found by a police officer hiding in a bush near the house, just before 7 a.m. The officer said M was terrified and feared for her safety.

Later that morning, from the hospital, M texted B, saying “I f***ed up.”

Armour suggested this was because M was guilty that she had cheated on her boyfriend, but M explicitly stated this was not the case.

“I should have left naked, I should have left without my phone, I should have just left, and died trying to leave, but I was terrified, I was scared, I was told I was going to die,” M said. “I f***ed up because I didn't leave when I went downstairs the first time, but that's because I was scared the guy by the door was going to attack me or what Jeremy would have done to me.”

M described the incident as "the worst possible thing that could ever happen to you.”

The trial has been adjourned until Feb. 21.

Czechowski remains out of custody on bail.

More Kelowna News

Recent Trending



Okanagan Oldies

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

George Kelowna SPCA >



Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada