There is a new show coming up at The Creekside Theatre in Winfield on Saturday, October 26th. I'm calling this one " Rann Berry's Rhythm & Soul Review". Rann Berry says, "Our group has been performing this show for years at corporate functions and I thought it would go over well in a theatre setting as well. My old friend "Diamond Jones" is sharing the bill with his full Tom Jones/ Neil Diamond Tribute.”
1 BIG NIGHT….. 2 BIG ACTS
RANN BERRY’S RHYTHM & SOUL REVIEW
With the 8 Piece Show Band !
DIAMOND JONES and his Tom Jones and Neil Diamond Tribute.
The Creekside Theatre welcomes back Rann Berry who recently sold out not 1, but 2 performances of his “One Hit Wonders Show”. This new show features the best of Rhythm & Soul music, including the songs of artists such as Wilson Pickett, The Temptations, Ben E. King, Otis Redding, Billy Preston and many more. Also sharing the night of entertainment is “Diamond Jones” and his tribute to Tom Jones and Neil Diamond.
( Many of you saw Diamond Jones opening for the One Hit Wonders Show.)
Don’t miss this one.
I like to promote their show because there good entertainment always. I haven’t seen this one yet but I’ll be there.
My source in Saskatchewan sent me the new list of what is happening in the happy province:
- 2.7 B expansion to the co-op refinery in Regina will bring capacity to 130,000 barrels a day - a 30% increase
- Vaderstad a Swedish company just bought a Sask Implement manufacturer.
- A farm equipment dealer in Langenburg had to close due to lack of mechanics.
- The Minister of Agriculture for Saskatchewan just announced a joint project with the Feds of 14 million for grain research.
- The Premier of the province, Mr Wall, is now taking French lessons - interesting.
- Mr. Wall just announced1000 new training seats; 300 for apprenticeship and 700 for adult basic education.
- 10 million was just announced for a new trades and technology for Parkland College in Yorkton.
- I was talking to a engineer the other day and there is 7000 miles of tunnels at the potash mine in Esterhazy.
- A company in Yorkton is now producing flax oil and shipping it to China.
- The Bronfmans of Seagram fame got their start in Yorkton bootlegging Canadian whiskey.
- Harvest Meats of Yorkton does not slaughter any animals anymore. It is brought in, in boxes. Can you believe it? Harvest Meats is now owned by Premier Foods from BC.
You are up to date for now.
Canucks game tickets, Kelowna theatre and entertainment options, and other hot-tickets will be available for purchase at the new official Ticketmaster location for Kelowna, set to open today at the Kelowna Visitor Centre at 544 Harvey Avenue.
Tourism Kelowna is the official not-for-profit tourism industry association marketing Kelowna as a tourism destination. In partnership with over 300 businesses, Tourism Kelowna generates tourism demand through strategic sales, marketing and visitor servicing to fulfil its mandate to increase overnight visitation and economic impact of tourism within Kelowna and area.
The new City Furniture store opened to a large crowd of people last Friday. The Candola family from Merritt and Prince George who owns stores there are also partners in this one. Its 40,000 square foot new store space is located in what was the Extra Foods building. New brands have been brought to the market. The parking is excellent.
I asked about Ruby Sharma and really didn’t get a good answer although most people think he is working with his daughter in the Vernon store which is also new. I believe the chain started by Ruby has over twenty stores across B.C.
Statements and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author, John Thomson. While we are sure that every care has been taken in the compilation of this information and every attempt made to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur.
Castanet will not be held responsible for any claims, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this article.