The provincial government has announced 1,446 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, including 319 new cases in Interior Health.
The number of active cases is 32,468, with 985 people in hospital and 144 in intensive care.
In the past 24 hours, one death has been reported in Fraser Health.
The new, active cases include:
- 508 new cases in Fraser Health
- 309 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 319 new cases in Interior Health
- 147 new cases in Northern Health
- 163 new cases in Island Health
- no new cases for people who reside outside of Canada
No new outbreaks have been declared at healthcare facilities. An outbreak at Kopernik Lodge in the Vancouver Coastal Health area has been declared over.
There are still ongoing outbreaks at 63 facilities, including several in Interior Health.
As of Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022, 89.6 per cent (4,467,392) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6 per cent (4,167,276) have received their second dose. For eligible people 12 and older, 41.3 per cent (1,912,122) have received a third dose.
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 17-23)
- Not vaccinated: 396.9
- Partially vaccinated: 200.0
- Fully vaccinated: 236.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 10-23)
- Not vaccinated: 71.0
- Partially vaccinated: 40.9
- Fully vaccinated: 16.9
Past week cases (Jan. 17-23) - Total 13,537
- Not vaccinated: 3,083 (22.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 774 (5.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 9,680 (71.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 10-23) - Total 1,118
- Not vaccinated: 279 (25.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 788 (70.4%)
Since December 2020, the province has administered 10,506,471 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.