British Columbia health officials are announcing over a three-day period in B.C., 4,997 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 313,076 cases in the province:
- Jan. 21-22: 2,163 new cases
- Jan. 22-23: 1,489 new cases
- Jan. 23-24: 1,345 new cases
There are 31,822 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 276,529 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 987 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 1,702 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 14,431
- 862 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 7,256
- 1,251 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,021
- 555 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,566
- 626 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,544
One new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
Total active cases: four
In the past 72 hours, 24 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,553.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: 18
- Vancouver Coastal Health: three
- Interior Health: one
- Northern Health: two
There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks at Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Crestview Village (Interior Health) and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health). The outbreaks at CareLife Fleetwood, Morgan Place (Fraser Health), St. Vincent's Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health) and The Heights at Mt. View (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 64 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- New Vista Care Centre, George Derby Centre, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael's Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health);
- Kopernik Lodge, Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital - Long Term Care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health)
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Crestview Village (Interior Health)
From Jan. 14-20, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.5% of cases. From Jan. 7-20, they accounted for 30.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 14-20) - Total 14,382
- Not vaccinated: 3,317 (23.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 778 (5.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 10,287 (71.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 7-20) - Total 1,256
- Not vaccinated: 325 (25.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 59 (4.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 872 (69.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 14-20)
- Not vaccinated: 418.2
- Partially vaccinated: 197.6
- Fully vaccinated: 253.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 7-20)
- Not vaccinated: 81.7
- Partially vaccinated: 48.4
- Fully vaccinated: 18.7
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,466,993 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
As of Monday, Jan. 24, 2022, 89.6% (4,465,993) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,166,318) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,290,753) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,165,636) received their second dose and 40.4% (1,874,956) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.9% (4,019,324) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.3% (3,907,214) received their second dose and 43.3% (1,873,448) have received a third dose.