The provincial government has announced 2,275 new coronavirus cases, including 412 in the Interior Health region.
The new cases bring B.C.’s active caseload to 35,943. Of the active cases, 646 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 95 are in intensive care.
B.C. started counting hospitalizations in a new, more standardized way, on Friday so those figures cannot be directly compared to totals from earlier in the week. More information on the change, and what counts as a hospitalization, can be found here.
There are now 4,916 active cases in the Interior Health region, where 72 people are hospitalized, 12 of whom are in intensive care.
The new/active cases include:
- 813 new cases in Fraser Health — Total active cases: 17,256
- 523 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 9,397
- 412 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 4,916
- 227 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 1,346
- 297 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 3,016
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,468. Two were reported in Interior Health.
As of Friday, 89.0% of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.3% have received their second dose. Twelve-plus figures are 92.3% and 89.6% respectively, while 30.5% have received a third dose.
From Jan. 6-12, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 21.5% of cases. From Dec. 30 to Jan. 12, they accounted for 34.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 6-12)
- Not vaccinated: 453.5
- Partially vaccinated: 197.7
- Fully vaccinated: 396.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 30 to Jan. 12)
- Not vaccinated: 53.8
- Partially vaccinated: 26.9
- Fully vaccinated: 10.6
Past week cases (Jan. 6-12) - Total 17,304
- Not vaccinated: 3,105 (17.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 630 (3.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 13,569 (78.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 30 to Jan. 12) - Total 750
- Not vaccinated: 221 (29.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 35 (4.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 494 (65.8%)