Aberdeen home damaged, but no injuries suffered as a result of structure fire

No injuries in Aberdeen fire

UPDATE: 5:51 p.m.

Firefighters say an Aberdeen mobile home will have extensive smoke damage after a fire started in the residence on Saturday afternoon.

Kamloops Fire Rescue crews were called out to the fire, which started at a house in Aberdeen Glen Village at 1555 Howe Rd., at about 4:30 p.m.

Will Harlock, KFR platoon captain, said the homeowner and pets were out of the residence when firefighters arrived.

“There were no injuries, no smoke inhalation,” Harlock said.

He said the official cause of the fire hadn't yet been determined, with fire prevention officers due to inspect the home in the coming days.

As of 5:15 p.m., firefighters were checking to make sure the fire hadn’t extended into other parts of the residence.

“Obviously the smoke damage in this small of a structure will be extensive,” Harlock said.

“We’re just searching for extensions right now on the roof. As you can see the guys with their saws — they’re just making sure that everything is 100 per cent out before we leave.”

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it spread, and Harlock said no neighbouring units or nearby vegetation were impacted by the blaze.

ORIGINAL: 5:03 p.m.

Kamloops Fire Rescue crews were battling a blaze Saturday afternoon at a mobile home park in Aberdeen.

Emergency crews were called to Aberdeen Glen Village, 1555 Howe Rd., at about 4:30 p.m. for a report of a structure fire.

Firefighters arrived to find a mobile home ablaze.

Smoke could be seen coming from the unit as crews worked to extinguish the fire just before 5 p.m.

Castanet Kamloops has a reporter at the scene. This story will be updated if more information becomes known.

More Kamloops News