One person dead following fire at downtown Prince George hotel

1 person dead following fire

One person is dead and two people are seriously injured following a fire at the North Star Inn on Victoria Street. 

Prince George Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire at Inn on 1550 Victoria Street at about 11 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26.

Crews from four halls attended and upon their arrival they found significant flame exiting the window and door of the main-floor hotel unit. A quick and efficient response extinguished the fire and limited the damage to the affected unit.

Crews remained on scene for two hours, ensuring the fire was out.

A release from the City of Prince George states there was one fatality and two serious injuries to occupants but no injuries to fire personnel.

Damage to the structure is estimated at $125,000 and no cause has been determined, but an investigation is ongoing.

More BC News