Time is winding down to nominate a person, group or organization who did something worthy of celebrating in 2021.
Nominations for Kelowna's 47th annual Civic and Community Awards, honouring outstanding contributions to the community, close Friday, Feb. 11.
Awards will be handed out in 13 categories ranging from the arts, sports and the environment to corporate volunteerism and the city's citizen of the year.
The last two years have been difficult on everyone, and organizers of this year's celebration believe it's more important than ever to recognize those individuals and organizations who have stepped up to make our lives a little brighter.
It's also important to celebrate those achievements.
The specific categories include:
- Citizen of the Year
- Champion for the Environment
- Corporate Community of the Year
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation - Volunteer Organization of the Year
School District 23 will also be taking nominations for the Augie Ciancone high school male and female athletes of the year.
The three young citizen of the year finalists will also receive funding toward post-secondary education through the Dillon Thomas Budd and Payton Leigh Budd Youth Scholarship, sponsored by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation.
Click here to access nomination forms.
The format for recognizing 2021 recipients is still being worked out.