The Ashcroft Hospital and Community Health Care Centre has closed the emergency department Sunday night due to limited staffing availability.
The emergency department will be closed overnight from midnight tonight, resuming regular hours Friday, Jan. 21, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Normal emergency department hours in Ashcroft are Friday at 6 p.m. to Monday at 8 a.m.
Interior Health says they regret the temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
· In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
· Visit the emergency department at one of the following facilities:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
- Nicola Valley Hospital - 3451 Voght Street, Merritt
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24 hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.