Another 368 British Columbians tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, including 101 Interior residents.
The new cases bring B.C.’s total since the pandemic began to 219,180 cases, and 3,020 remain active. Active cases increased by 84 since Wednesday.
Of these, 284 people are hospitalized with the disease, a decrease of 17, and 97 people are being treated in the ICU.
There are currently 578 active cases within Interior Health. Fifty Interior residents are hospitalized with the virus, including 28 who are in critical care.
Another five new COVID deaths have been reported throughout B.C. in the past 24 hours. Three deaths occurred in the Fraser Health region, while two occurred in Northern Health. To date, 2,345 British Columbians have died after contracting COVID-19.
There has been no new healthcare facility outbreaks in B.C. and there remains five active outbreaks among care homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals.
In the past 24 hours, 26,583 doses of the vaccine were administered in B.C. As of Wednesday, 85% of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.8% have received their second dose.
The new/active cases include:
- 90 new cases in Fraser Health – Total active cases: 1,003
- 48 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 485
- 101 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 578
- 40 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 351
- 88 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 602
From Nov. 24-30, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 57.9% of cases and from Nov. 17-30, they accounted for 68.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 24-30) - Total 2,468
- Not vaccinated: 1,332 (54%)
- Partially vaccinated: 96 (3.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,040 (42.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 17-30) - Total 248
- Not vaccinated: 160 (64.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 9 (3.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 79 (31.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 24-30)
- Not vaccinated: 181.4
- Partially vaccinated: 45.2
- Fully vaccinated: 23.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 17- 30)
- Not vaccinated: 34.4
- Partially vaccinated: 6.0
- Fully vaccinated: 1.7