Mobility scooter explosion evacuates Victoria housing facility

Mobility scooter explodes

A mobility scooter exploded in a Victoria supportive housing complex Tuesday morning.

The explosion blew out a second-floor window and caused the evacuation of the former Tally Ho hotel.

Firefighters were called to the scene just before 7 a.m., CTV News reports.

Investigators say the scooter was charging at the time of the explosion, which appears to have been caused by a battery malfunction.

The resident of the suite was not inside at the time, and no one was injured in the blast.

Most tenants were allowed back inside later Tuesday morning.

– with files from CTV Vancouver Island

More BC News

Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by windy.com
Recent Trending
Support Local Media
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada