156321

BC  

Woman who drove over toddler banned from driving for 5 years

Five-year driving ban

A woman who drove over a toddler in a Prince George parking lot has been prohibited from driving for five years.

Barbara Joan Husband, 85, was issued the penalty in provincial court on Feb. 13 in relation a Dec. 19, 2018 incident along Ospika Boulevard near Massey Drive.

According to RCMP, Husband was entering the parking lot from the southbound lane and had been traveling against traffic flow for a short distance to bypass a meridian in the process.

The child was standing near a parent who was tending to a younger child when the toddler was struck by a small SUV. One tire drove completely over the three-year-old's midsection, RCMP said.

"Fortunately, the child was transported to hospital for treatment and miraculously, is expected to fully recover," RCMP said.

In an email to the Citizen, the child's father said she was in critical condition when she was taken to hospital and rushed into trauma immediately.

"Fortunately she is stable now and we are hoping for a full recovery thanks to the amazing team of doctors and nurses at our hospital," he said.

Alcohol was not a factor, RCMP added.



More BC News

BC
155086
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by windy.com
143436
Recent Trending
156323
Soft 103.9
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
153394





152177
150923