152678
152104
West Kelowna  

Smoke was reportedly seen coming out of a home in W. Kelowna

Candle causes small fire

UPDATE 5:20 p.m.

West Kelowna Fire Rescue responded with two engines a safety officer and nine firefighters earlier on Sunday.

Crews arrived to find a small fire on the main floor with the cause being an unattended candle.

There were no occupants at home on arrival and no pets.

The first arriving crew was able to quickly extinguish the fire and commence ventilation.   

The fire damage was minimal however smoke damage to the home was considerable.

Lionel Bateman, Assistant Fire Chief reminds people of the dangers of leaving an open flame. 

"Please note that during this Christmas season take extra care when using candles in your home. Please consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look, smell, and feel like real candles," Bateman wrote in a release. 


ORIGINAL 12:47 p.m.

West Kelowna Fire Rescue were called to a home Sunday afternoon for a report of smoke coming out the front door in the Smith Creek area.

The incident happened at 3074 Stone Ridge Drive at 12:47 p.m.

Multiple fire engines reportedly responded to the call.

Smoke could be seen coming from the house's front door.

No reports of any injuries at the moment. 

Castanet will have more information as soon as it becomes available.



More West Kelowna News

153165
Recent Trending
145991


151852


152213


152103
Soft 103.9

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Henry
Henry Kelowna SPCA >




150562




West Kelowna Quick Links City of West Kelowna
Central Okanagan Regional District
West Kelowna Discussion Forum
District of Peachland
Interior Health
School District 23
Westside Tourism
Okanagan Regional Library
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
152430
150923