150270
Vernon  

Mother of girl who overdosed is advocating for prevention sites

'People are dying'

Sandra Welton made her case to Vernon city council on Tuesday to see through the installation of overdose prevention sites in the city.

Her daughter battled with a heroin addiction, and overcame it.

She then purchased what she thought was cocaine, but it turned out to be fentanyl.

She overdosed and died from it.

"People are dying," Welton said. "What's the hold up?"

The council seemed split on this issue, with some vocal pushback from Councillor Scott Anderson.

But Brian Quiring is on board.

"We should be getting it, and where should it go?" he asked. "To me, I think getting the proper training is the most critical."



More Vernon News

150543
Recent Trending


135881




Send us your News Tips!


149936
Soft 103.9

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Mirielle
Mirielle Vernon SPCA >


149180




Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
150184
148514