145824

Vernon  

GoFundMe for fire family

UPDATE 2:51 p.m.

A GoFundMe page has been started to help a family whose home was devastated by a fire.

“Tina Sinclair, her husband and their three children lost their home in a tragic house fire Thursday afternoon here in Vernon. The family has since lost all of their precious belongings in the heart breaking fire and will need to start new. My husband and I are raising money to help them find their new home and start to replace items they will need for everyday life,” said the GoFundMe page that was started by Sophona Rose Slattery.

Slattery said on the Vernon & Area Community Forum page that the family were renters without any insurance.


ORIGINAL

While a family of five recovers from the shock of losing their home, fire officials are investigating to see how the fire started.

Just after 2 p.m. Thursday Vernon Fire Rescue crews were called to a blaze on Commonage Crescent in Mission Hill.

When they arrived, they found a fully involved fire with flames coming out of the roof.

No one was injured during the incident and even the family cat managed to escape the flames.

Dep. Chief Scott Hemsted said it is early in the investigation and he is interviewing firefighters who were on site Thursday.

“I am tracking down witnesses and property owners and stuff like that,” said Hemsted. “It is under investigation.”

At the time of the fire, Chief David Lind said firefighters received a report of a grass fire near the house but when crews arrived on scene they found the fire burning through the roof.

Crews managed to suppress the fire, keeping it to the house of origin although the heat did damage siding on a neighbouring home.



More Vernon News

148060
Recent Trending


136499


147073


Send us your News Tips!


147026
Soft 103.9

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Teddy
Teddy Vernon SPCA >


143819




Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
140093
145049