144223
141344

BC  

Pooch gets into pot at park

A Coquitlam pet owner is thankful her dog is OK after it got into what she believes was a cannabis product at a local dog park.

Michelle Tuan says her dog, Dorito, started acting strangely after a visit to Leigh Dog Park on Wednesday.

"His whole body was kind of like, curved... sort of walking almost sideways toward me," Tuan told CTV News. “I thought he was having a stroke.

When the symptoms persisted, she took Dorito to the vet the next day, and was told the dog had likely ingested some kind of drug. A urine test confirmed it was cannabis.

"We have a lot more dogs coming in regularly that have ingested marijuana," veterinarian Fraser Davidson said.

"Fortunately, the signs – while they're disturbing – don't tend to be life-threatening, so it's more just the animals going through a miserable time."

Dorito is feeling better after being given a charcoal solution to help remove the THC from his system.

– with files from CTV Vancouver

 



More BC News

BC
137797
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by webcams.travel
143436
Recent Trending
144087
Soft 103.9
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
139021



143359
143641