141807
142085

BC  

Father, kids in CO leak

UPDATE: 8:39 a.m.

Nine people were evacuated and a father and two children taken to hospital following a carbon monoxide leak in Vancouver overnight.

The father may need treatment in a hyperbaric chamber at Vancouver General Hospital, CTV News reports. The children are in less serious condition.

The leak may have been caused by a hot water heat exchanger.

The home has been vented, and after repairs on the furnace system, the family is expected to be allowed back in.


ORIGINAL: 6:35 a.m.

Nine people have been taken to hospital after a carbon monoxide poisoning incident in Vancouver this morning.

Firefighters, paramedics and a hazmat team responded to the scene at a home on Tyne Street in Vancouver's Killarney neighbourhood, CTV News tweeted about 6 a.m.

An initial medical call came in for chest pains, but first responders' CO detectors picked up the leak, alerting crews to the danger.

– with files from CTV Vancouver



More BC News

BC
141041
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by webcams.travel
57111
Recent Trending
141006
Soft 103.9
138543
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
138543



139361
140842