134523
134922

Kelowna  

Dog owner's shocking find

Madison Erhardt

A West Kelowna dog owner made a shocking discovery just days after purchasing a bark collar for his puppy Chewie. 

Jon Larson works out of town and decided to buy the bark collar at Pets Mart to ensure that Chewie would stay quiet for his neighbours. 

"He wore the shock collar for just five nights. We woke up one morning to the smell of burning flesh and thats when I noticed the collar had burnt into his skin causing four big lacerations."

Larson took Chewie in to see Dr. Oz at the Rose Valley Veterinary Hospital as soon has he made the discovery. 

"I have seen this a number of times before. I think it is important for people to know the consequences of something that looks so simple."

"These shock collars really cause and create so much damage," he said. 

Larson says he won't be using bark collars ever again and will be sending Chewie back for more puppy training. 

Chewie is expected to make a full recovery. 



More Kelowna News

137235
Recent Trending
57111


135881


134120


135188
Soft 103.9

135438


135477


Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
57659
136583