The tennis and pickleball program at Predator Ridge will be expanding this winter.
Coming January 2019, Predator will be adding a new bubble covering the lower court area allowing for year-round tennis and pickleball play.
"I have witnessed the growth of Pickleball in the Interior and across Canada and it’s no wonder why it’s the fastest growing sport in North America," stated Carmen Lindsay, recreation director. "Building a facility that allows for year-round play encourages active living and a strong sense of community. We welcome players across the valley to be a part of this incredible club."
With limited memberships available, Predator is now welcoming the public to join the club.
The new racquet facility in Commons Park was introduced in the summer.
"The Predator Ridge Tennis & Pickleball club will offer all of the services of a high calibre year round racquet club with dedicated personnel including two of the most respected names in the Okanagan tennis community."
Milos Pospisil, the head of tennis instruction, has been a high-performance tennis coach for 29 years, earning the 2007 Tennis Canada "Excellence in Coaching" award.
He has coached numerous top Canadian and European juniors, including his son Vasek and his two other sons Petr and Tom, both nationally ranked players.
The Predator Ridge Tennis & Pickleball Club will allow for year-round play and membership benefits will include:
- Access to the facility 7 days/week: 7:00am - 9:00pm
- Four pickleball and 2 tennis courts in the winter covered by a dome
- Four pickleball and 4 tennis courts in the summer
- Clubhouse to be complete Spring 2019
- Professional staff and coaches
- Exclusive access to member workshops
- Discounts on lessons
- No court fees
- No initiation fees
- Preferred member guest rates
- Discount at food & beverage outlets at Predator Ridge
- Discount at retail outlets at Predator Ridge
- Preferred booking times
- Access to clubhouse facility